Happy New Year ALL alt.guitar people's
jtees4
2009-12-31 23:55:57 UTC
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Hope your New Year is better than mine just ended (if that makes
sense).
Had a car accident on my way home from work this morning in a freaky
snow/ice storm. No one hurt. There were so many accidents that the
police could not even come for a few hours. Tried to stop at a stop
sign as did someone else...we both were not speeding (couldn't have if
I wanted to) and both went straight through the stop signs and hit
each other. Pure ice under the snow. Came most of the way home and
this happened a block from my house as well as his (Like they always
say it happens).
All are OK and the car can be fixed, so although it sucks...I am
really not complaining.
My only worry is my deductible eating into my new guitar GAS money ;-)
Anyway...a truly HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU HERE! Come to think of
it, some of you have already started your new year, I still have over
5 hours.

****
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610
http://www.reviewmymusicnow.com
Mark Bedingfield
2010-01-01 00:03:54 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Its 11 am here ;-) New years has been and gone.

Happy new year, mate. Yes 2010 should be good, it can't be worse than
2009. Did you get together with your accident buddy for a beer afterwards?

Mark
jtees4
2010-01-01 00:55:05 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 11:03:54 +1100, Mark Bedingfield
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by jtees4
[...]
I'd gladly drink a beer with the guy. Since the police couldn't come
right away, we went to his house to exchange information (why not be
warm?). He and his wife even offered me coffee. As far as accidents
go, it really couldn't have been any better. Take care.

****
RichL
2010-01-01 00:30:04 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Thanks, same to you and everyone else!

Must be a bad day. Early this morning my daughter's boyfriend's car was
broken into, they smashed the passenger-side window, stole a friggin'
IPOD! Right in my driveway. My area *never* has trouble.

I'm staying put tonight. Daughter and boyfriend are going to a party
and spending the night there. Don't want to tempt fate.

Glad you came away unscathed. The roads here had ice underneath the
snow as well, it wasn't much snow, it *looked* safe to drive on, but
there were a lot of accidents.
jtees4
2010-01-01 00:52:18 UTC
Post by RichL
Post by jtees4
[...]
Thanks. I am glad to be home tonight too. This is the first New Years
Eve I've stayed home in a long time....and I am really looking forward
to it!

****
mercutio
2010-01-01 02:00:03 UTC
Post by jtees4
Post by RichL
Post by jtees4
[...]
It's been years since I have been out ( and in my younger days i
would go party at the drop of the hat) The 2 best New Years I can
remember were spent at home. One time when my daughter was in
highschool she had a friend over and we all watched a Marx Brothers
movie marathon. The girls couldn't believe how funy those guys were .
Another 1 she and I sat and watched a Thin Man movie marathon. I know
it sounds kind of dorky but they were the best
I hope you enjoy yours this evening

Jim
****
RichL
There's nothing dorky about spending time with your kids.
jtees4
2010-01-01 02:18:40 UTC
Post by mercutio
Post by jtees4
Post by jtees4
****
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610
http://www.reviewmymusicnow.com
I was the same as you years ago, but I've also learned what's
important. We are the lucky one's...some people never learn and miss
out on a lot!

****
mercutio
2010-01-01 01:49:33 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
All in all I would say it ended pretty well really ( inso far as no
one was hurt) . I was in an accident in conditions similar to those
you describe about 10 years ago. A guy hit me head on in my bread
truck ( I deliver bread to grocerys and restraunts) he lost control
and I came to a complete stop. He hit me at about 55 mph. It sheared
the bolts that held the box of the truck to the frame and turned the
box a bit sideways. I walked away ( hairline foot fracture) there were
a few others that,let's just say , weren't so lucky. Weather must have
been crap everywhere , here in Indiana the same thing. saw a few folks
in ditches on my way to work.

Either way I am glad to hear that you are well tho I imagine a bit
freaked out. Maybe it is a good omen. You have ended the year very
lucky maybe it will carry over into next year
A very happy new year to you also

Jim
****
jtees4
2010-01-01 02:21:41 UTC
Post by jtees4
****
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610
http://www.reviewmymusicnow.com
You were indeed lucky. This has been a very bad year in a lot of ways
for me...so this was just 09's way of giving me one more before it
ended....well actually I still have 2 1/2 hours to go so I'm not going
anywhere and not touching anything remotely dangerous or doing
anything much at all. Except maybe knocking on some wood.

****
Lu R
2010-01-01 02:13:05 UTC
Post by jtees4
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Hope your New Year is better than mine just ended (if that makes
sense).
Had a car accident on my way home from work this morning in a freaky
snow/ice storm.
I cant believe you're not allowed to use snow chains on your tyres in the
US! Our road toll here in NSW, Australia was 17 over the xmas period a few
days ago. I'd hate to think what it would be if we had snow too...

Happy New Year to all in alt .guitar!!

Lu
jtees4
2010-01-01 02:23:40 UTC
Post by Lu R
Post by jtees4
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Hope your New Year is better than mine just ended (if that makes
sense).
Had a car accident on my way home from work this morning in a freaky
snow/ice storm.
I cant believe you're not allowed to use snow chains on your tyres in the
US! Our road toll here in NSW, Australia was 17 over the xmas period a few
days ago. I'd hate to think what it would be if we had snow too...
Happy New Year to all in alt .guitar!!
Lu
I didn't even know chains were illegal here. Many years ago (1970's) I
had a pair ow studded snow tires on my first car...my father got them
from somewhere...pretty sure they were illegal. But they worked great!

****
RichL
The law regarding chains varies from state to state in the US.
iL_weReo
2010-01-01 02:17:55 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
You were great all year, but you flonked out on me towards the end. We
even found out we knew some of the same ppl, hung out at the same bars
and concert venues. Some ppl DO get goofy when it comes to the
awlmighty. If you don't want to be friends, we won't. I just want to
let you know I was a little surprised and shocked at your stance
towards the Wereo and such. You became a bit flippant.

Anyway, a happy new year to you and yours. I hope we can do better
this year. Scotty
dvaoa
2010-01-01 02:25:53 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Back atcha, JT...sorry about the accident. We got some unexpected
snow up here in MA today too..real slippery stuff. Made me nervous
that my daughter was on the road with her boyfriend, but he's a
cautious driver. It's the other drivers that wig me out, though.

-d
jtees4

iL_weReo
2010-01-01 02:35:29 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Yep! You're a witness to a side of me that noone ever knew before. My
college days, Iona, Matt O'Shaughnessey. Well what can I say, brother?
If you don't want to be my friend I can't help; it. Then again you did
say AWL on alt.guitar, so...

Keep being that witness, brother. And Happy New Year.
The Repair Guy
2010-01-01 19:23:48 UTC
Post by jtees4
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Hope your New Year is better than mine just ended
(if that makes sense).
Had a car accident on my way home from work this
morning in a freaky snow/ice storm. No one hurt.
Almost the same here. My wife put the truck in the
ditch a few days ago. Nobody hurt - not even the
truck. A peaceful 2010 to everybody :-)

The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com
jtees4
2010-01-02 02:29:23 UTC
On Fri, 01 Jan 2010 13:23:48 -0600, The Repair Guy
Post by The Repair Guy
Post by jtees4
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Hope your New Year is better than mine just ended
(if that makes sense).
Had a car accident on my way home from work this
morning in a freaky snow/ice storm. No one hurt.
Almost the same here. My wife put the truck in the
ditch a few days ago. Nobody hurt - not even the
truck. A peaceful 2010 to everybody :-)
The Repair Guy
repairguy1993 dot netfirms dot com
What the heck is going on around here? Everyone has a car/truck story
lately....sucks.

****
Geetar Dave
2010-01-01 23:39:14 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Bummer, man.
I taught a BUNCH of lessons, and made a bunch of extra money for the
holidays. Then my wife's car broke down. Again. But the money was
there, and the problem was solved. The kids all got presents, and
everyone is healthy (aside from the wife's sinus infection).

All things considered, life is very good here.

Here's hoping that situation continues and spreads to my guitar-
wrestling friends!

Happy New Year, all.

-dave-----:::
www.myspace.com/geetardave
jtees4
2010-01-02 02:32:48 UTC
Post by Geetar Dave
Post by jtees4
[...]
Geez...another car problem...what's going on in this newsgroup? Well
there is some good news on the horizon. I am picking up an Ibanez
AE-18 acoutic/electric tomorrow morning. I decided not to spend all my
money on a Taylor which is what i was angling for. I have an acoustic
that I am happy with, I just need something that I can plug in to
record when I don't have time to set up mikes etc. Should work for
that.

****
RichL
2010-01-02 00:13:59 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
Man, there's a lot of this stuff going around now!

In addition to the car getting broken into in my driveway early
yesterday, this morning some woman drove her car into my son's car AND
his wife's car. Right in front of his house. Both cars are now
undriveable. At least the woman had the decency to stick around and let
them know.
jtees4
2010-01-02 02:28:01 UTC
Post by RichL
Post by jtees4
[...]
Wow, I hope I didn't bring my bad luck into the group.

****
The Repair Guy
2010-01-02 02:44:43 UTC
Post by RichL
Man, there's a lot of this stuff going around now!
In addition to the car getting broken into in my driveway
early yesterday, this morning some woman drove her
car into my son's car AND his wife's car. Right in front
of his house. Both cars are now undriveable. At least
the woman had the decency to stick around and let
them know.
Heh. My wife just hit my car with her truck today...
my car was parked across the street, she backs
out of the driveway without looking, and gave it a
little nudge.

Squier
2010-01-02 06:12:51 UTC
Post by jtees4
[...]
back at ya. hope a good year is on the way for you.