Worst ever cover song
ythread
2008-06-24 11:39:45 UTC

Dr. Zontar
2008-06-24 12:25:36 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Twig Girl has got to be stopped.

- Rich
Clyde Penquin
2008-06-24 12:29:22 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
Post by ythread
Twig Girl has got to be stopped.
Celine Dion walks into a bar, sighs heavily, sits down, sighs again,
and finally, in a small sad voice, she orders a drink.

Bartender brings the drink over and says, "Why the long face?"
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 12:39:48 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!

Mike
jimmy
2008-06-24 13:03:23 UTC
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 05:39:48 -0700 (PDT), Flinstoneyerfired
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
Hey Mike. We, the public, wouldn't even let her do an outdoor concert
here in Halifax! I couldn't be more proud.

tony
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:26:13 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
Hey Mike.  We, the public, wouldn't even let her do an outdoor concert
here in Halifax!  I couldn't be more proud.
tony
That's the spirit- you guys rule!

Mike
dvaoa
2008-06-24 14:07:17 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
I'm ashamed to admit I saw her live once, probably ~1990-1991. Not
that I paid, mind you. She was the audience warm-up act for a taping
of the Super Dave Osborne show in Toronto ;-)

-d (she cried a lot when she sang)
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:29:43 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
I'm ashamed to admit I saw her live once, probably ~1990-1991.  Not
that I paid, mind you.  She was the audience warm-up act for a taping
of the Super Dave Osborne show in Toronto ;-)
-d (she cried a lot when she sang)
I'd probably sit through that to see Super Dave as well.

Mike
jimmy
2008-06-24 14:59:20 UTC
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:29:43 -0700 (PDT), Flinstoneyerfired
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
I'm ashamed to admit I saw her live once, probably ~1990-1991.  Not
that I paid, mind you.  She was the audience warm-up act for a taping
of the Super Dave Osborne show in Toronto ;-)
-d (she cried a lot when she sang)
I'd probably sit through that to see Super Dave as well.
Mike
Super Dave!!

Here's a good one.

Canadian culture meets American Cultue!
Clyde Penquin
2008-06-24 14:51:24 UTC
Post by dvaoa
I'm ashamed to admit I saw her live once, probably ~1990-1991. Not
that I paid, mind you. She was the audience warm-up act for a taping
of the Super Dave Osborne show in Toronto ;-)
-d (she cried a lot when she sang)
I cry when she sings, too.

Unless I cover my ears in time.
Daniel Dreibelbis
2008-06-25 00:41:58 UTC
In article
Post by dvaoa
I'm ashamed to admit I saw her live once, probably ~1990-1991. Not
that I paid, mind you. She was the audience warm-up act for a taping
of the Super Dave Osborne show in Toronto ;-)
-d (she cried a lot when she sang)
first time I saw Celine was on the Tonight Show - after she finished her
first number, Jay Leno went - "WOW! Your chin is just as big as mine!"

believe me, she's done WORSE covers - "The Power of Love" (in which she
took Jennifer Rush's beautiful, ethereal ballad and turned it into a
session on a Roman slave galley) and her current hit "Alone" (in which
she copies note-for-note Ann Wilson's original vocal - why bother, I'd
rather hear Ann sing it along with Nancy).

The two best parodies of Celine:

Jessica Holmes from Air Farce does a beautiful dead-on impression
('Allo, eet ees I, Celine! Ze first mama to weigh less zan her baby!")

and the girl who did the impression on SNL:

"wasn't zat great, Rene? Me singing zat duet with Aretha Franklin on
VH-1 last week?"

"It sure was, Celine - after all, Aretha Franklin is ze greatest singer
in ze world!"

" WHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!?????"

"I mean, YOU are ze greatest singer in ze world, sugair-plum!"

:)
--
Dan Dreibelbis, Guitar Nerd - Better Living Through Home Recording
Current Songs - "Drop Da F(unk) Bomb"
newest YouTube Video, me on bass! http://youtu.be/DyKSUB0AF1g
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-24 15:48:49 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
The nation's more than compensated for in the comedy dept:

Aykroyd, Dan - Actor (Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers), formerly of
Saturday Night Live
Bee, Samantha - of the Daily Show
Bowser and Blue - Comic Singing Duo
Broadfoot, David - formerly of Royal Canadian Air Farce
Bullard, Mike - former late night talk show host
Butt, Brent - Actor, writer - Corner Gas
Candy, John - Actor (Uncle Buck, Home Alone), from SCTV
Carrey, Jim - Actor (Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Dumb and Dumber)
Cassella, Maggie -
CODCO - Comedy troupe
Collins, Carla -
Comedy Inc. - Comedy troupe
Courtemanche, Michel
Crawford, Gavin - of the comedy troupe Comedy Inc.
Critch, Mark - of This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Cullen, Seán -
Danylo, Roman -
Dashan - Famous comic in Chinese
Deschamps, Yvon -
Diggs, J.R. -
Double Exposure - Comedy Duo
Edwards, Derek - Famous Stand-up Comedian
Ed the Sock - Sock puppet from Muchmusic
Elias, Joey - Stand-up comedian
Flaherty, Joe - Actor (Freaks and Geeks), from SCTV
Foley, Dave - of the comedy troupe Kids In The Hall
Fox, Michael J. (Family Ties, Back to the Future)
The Frantics. - Comedy troupe
Gagnon, André-Philippe - Impersonator
Goy, Luba - of the comedy troupe Royal Canadian Air Farce
Green, Red (see Steve Smith)
Green, Rick - of the comedy troupe The Frantics, and Red Green Show
Green, Tom - formerly of MTV
Hartman, Phil - formerly of Saturday Night Live & Simpsons
Holmes, Jessica -
Hotz, Jeremy -
Houde, Louis-José -
Jalees, Sabrina - Stand-up comedian
James, Ron - Stand-up comedian and former member of The Second City Toronto
Jean, Mario -
Jones, Cathy - of This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Codco
Jones, Daryn - of Buzz & Rick Mercer Report
Kids In The Hall - Comedy Troupe
Kavanagh, Anthony -
Kirkland, Gordon - 'Sit Down' comedian, and author
Kurt, Elvira - Stand-up comedian
Lamothe, Mado -
Landry, Bruno -
Lepage, Guy A. -
Levy, Eugene - Actor (American Pie), from SCTV
Little, Rich - Impersonator
MacDonald, Bette -
MacDonald, Norm - formerly of Saturday Night Live
MacDonald, Tracy - Stand-up comedian
Mack, Cory - Stand-up comedian
Mercier, Claudine -
Mclean & Mclean - Comedy team
Malone, Greg - of Codco
Majumder, Shaun - formerly of This Hour Has 22 Minutes, former YTV PJ
Mandel, Howie -
Martin, Andrea - from SCTV
Mercer, Rick - Host of Rick Mercer Report, and formerly of This Hour Has
22 Minutes
Michaels, Lorne - Creator and producer of Saturday Night Live and its
associated spin-offs.
Michel, Dominique
Mista Mo - of the Buzz
Mochrie, Colin - from Whose Line Is It Anyway and formerly of This Hour
Has 22 Minutes
Moranis, Rick - Actor (Ghostbusters, Little Shop of Horrors, Honey, I
Shrunk the Kids), from SCTV
Morgan, Jordi -
Myers, Mike - Actor (Austin Powers, Shrek), formerly of Saturday Night Live
Nielsen, Leslie - Actor (Airplane!, Naked Gun)
O'Hara, Catherine - Actress (Home Alone, A Mighty Wind), from SCTV
Park, Alan - Stand-up comedian
Paul, Jean - Stand-up comedian
Payne, Nikki - Stand-up comedian
Pederson, Ron - actor, MADtv and The Late Late Show
Pérusse, François -
Peters, Russell - Stand-up comedian
Redican, Dan - of the comedy troupe the Frantics
Rhea, Caroline -
Robinson, Kenny - stand-up comedian
Roiter, Dan - Impersonations, comedian
Rousseau,Stéphane -
Royal Canadian Air Farce - Comedy troupe
Sasso, Will - formerly of Mad TV
SCTV - Comedy troupe (Based in Toronto and Chicago)
Short, Martin - formerly of SCTV and Saturday Night Live
Shuster, Frank part of Wayne and Shuster
Smith, Steve - aka 'Red Green'
Sparks, Ron - Stand-up comedian, sketch comedian, writer
Thomas, Dave - Movie Actor, from SCTV
Thomey, Greg - formerly of This Hour Has 22 Minutes
Thompson, Scott - of the comedy troupe Kids In The Hall
Uloth, James - Stand-up comedian
Walsh, Mary - formerly of This Hour Has 22 Minutes and Codco
Ward, Mike -
Wayne, Johnny - part of Wayne and Shuster
Wildman, Peter - of the comedy troupe the Frantics
Williams, Harland - Stand-up comedian
Wing, John - Stand-up comedian
Young, Fraser - Stand-up comedian
Zindler, Daniel - Physical Comedian
Regnier, Dave - Observational Comedian
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:03:26 UTC
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
[...]
Wow- nice list- a lot of great ones on that list.

Mike
The_Professor
2008-06-24 16:13:42 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!
Mike
I take it back, as a Canadian. It was the Americans who made her a
star...not our fault! ;^)
Steve Johnson
2008-06-24 20:37:02 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
As a Canadian, I will take this opportunity to apologize for Celine
Dion- we are truly sorry!

Mike

Mike....

You guys DID give us Rush though, so you're forgiven!

_Steve (Former Minnesotan who can SPEAK Canandian when called upon)

8-)
S***@gmail.com
2008-06-24 13:02:02 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Not even close.. I was shopping one day in a local grocery and heard a
Musak (elevator music) version of stairway to heavean, done in
elevator music tempo and style, with a female vocalist.. it was the
worst thing I ever heard. As much as I would like to knock Celine,
this was not even close...
S***@gmail.com
2008-06-24 13:04:41 UTC
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Not even close.. I was shopping one day in a local grocery and heard a
Musak (elevator music) version of stairway to heavean, done in
elevator music tempo and style, with a female vocalist.. it was the
worst thing I ever heard. As much as I would like to knock Celine,
this was not even close...
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
dvaoa
2008-06-24 14:08:56 UTC
Post by S***@gmail.com
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
They were probably warming up for the elevator schlock they've been
pumping out the last 15 years!

-d
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:30:47 UTC
Post by dvaoa
Post by S***@gmail.com
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
They were probably warming up for the elevator schlock they've been
pumping out the last 15 years!
-d
LOL- that's a pretty astute observation. If they want to improve their
music, they need to start using mega drugs again :)

Mike
dvaoa
2008-06-24 14:34:10 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by dvaoa
Post by S***@gmail.com
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
They were probably warming up for the elevator schlock they've been
pumping out the last 15 years!
-d
LOL- that's a pretty astute observation. If they want to improve their
music, they need to start using mega drugs again :)
Mike
Didn't Steven Tyler just come out of rehab?

-d
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:45:27 UTC
Post by dvaoa
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by dvaoa
Post by S***@gmail.com
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
They were probably warming up for the elevator schlock they've been
pumping out the last 15 years!
-d
LOL- that's a pretty astute observation. If they want to improve their
music, they need to start using mega drugs again :)
Mike
Didn't Steven Tyler just come out of rehab?
-d- Hide quoted text -
Jeez, all joking aside, it's sad if he did. I don't like most of what
they've done since PV- even that one has me longing for the lofty
heights of Draw The Line or Done with Mirrors- but ST has survived all
of those turbulent years- may he find peace. They were may favourite
band as a teen.

Mike
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:27:56 UTC
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Not even close.. I was shopping one day in a local grocery and heard a
Musak (elevator music) version of stairway to heavean, done in
elevator music tempo and style, with a female vocalist.. it was the
worst thing I ever heard. As much as I would like to knock Celine,
this was not even close...
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
LOL- I've heard some pretty foul Muzak covers, but that one would be
so horrific that there's no way I would be able to block that from
memory. I don't even want to imagine that one!

Mike
S***@gmail.com
2008-06-24 14:48:58 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Not even close.. I was shopping one day in a local grocery and heard a
Musak (elevator music) version of stairway to heavean, done in
elevator music tempo and style, with a female vocalist.. it was the
worst thing I ever heard. As much as I would like to knock Celine,
this was not even close...
OH SHIT.. wait a minute.. it was not Stariway to Heaven, it was Dream
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
LOL- I've heard some pretty foul Muzak covers, but that one would be
so horrific that there's no way I would be able to block that from
memory. I don't even want to imagine that one!
Mike- Hide quoted text -
Well, it has been a few months and it is not as haunting, but I
remember that day, it was so bad it made me angry. I can't remember
the last time that happened.
Daniel Dreibelbis
2008-06-25 00:07:54 UTC
Post by S***@gmail.com
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
LOL- I've heard some pretty foul Muzak covers, but that one would be
so horrific that there's no way I would be able to block that from
memory. I don't even want to imagine that one!
about a year ago, I was involved in a contest in which we had to do a
cover of a tune in Muzak style. I think we all managed to do a wretched
take on songs, the "best" one I heard was "Highway To Hell" done as
elevator music.

Oh, mine? "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)", done in
Kylie Minogue style. :)

Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-25 00:11:46 UTC
On Jun 24, 8:07 pm, Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by S***@gmail.com
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
LOL- I've heard some pretty foul Muzak covers, but that one would be
so horrific that there's no way I would be able to block that from
memory. I don't even want to imagine that one!
about a year ago, I was involved in a contest in which we had to do a
cover of a tune in Muzak style. I think we all managed to do a wretched
take on songs, the "best" one I heard was "Highway To Hell" done as
elevator music.
Oh, mine? "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)", done in
Kylie Minogue style. :)
--
Dan Dreibelbis, Guitar Nerd - Better Living Through Home Recordinghttp://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=121942
Current Songs - "Drop Da F(unk) Bomb"

Mike
Daniel Dreibelbis
2008-06-25 02:01:38 UTC
In article
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
On Jun 24, 8:07 pm, Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by S***@gmail.com
On by Aerosmith. It was horrendous, I am a pretty open guy, from rock
to music theatre, but I almost complained to the service desk..
LOL- I've heard some pretty foul Muzak covers, but that one would be
so horrific that there's no way I would be able to block that from
memory. I don't even want to imagine that one!
about a year ago, I was involved in a contest in which we had to do a
cover of a tune in Muzak style. I think we all managed to do a wretched
take on songs, the "best" one I heard was "Highway To Hell" done as
elevator music.
Oh, mine? "The Green Manalishi (With The Two-Pronged Crown)", done in
Kylie Minogue style. :)
Omigod- if those are anywhere online, I simply must hear them. Do you
have a link?
here's my entry:

http://dreibel44.spymac.com/howgreenmanalishi.mp3

some others I found:

http://www.dsparsons.co.uk/06_05_DuncanParsons_InTheAisleTonite.mp3

http://wildchurch.com/0605-knockman-rovers_return.mp3

http://ia301216.us.archive.org/1/items/SelfconstructCayaSamba/06_05_Selfc
onstructCaya_the_Samba.mp3

http://www.kmtrio.com/06_05_SevenOctaves_Shine.mp3

http://scarabaeus.wusik.com/users/scarabaeus/06_05_j_T_afterglow.mp3

http://www.thornes.my.proz.com/06_05_Skipscada_Fluff_Will_Tear_Us_Apart.m
p3

http://rainyworld.com/may06_jonnyquest_solitaryma.mp3

http://www.dog-on-blues.co.za/mp3/2006/06-05-Sepheritoh_fernando.mp3

http://www.markleford.com/music/files/06_05_markleford_lifeisschweet.mp3

http://www.outlandmusic.com/06-05-Guitarjeff-baby-come-back.mp3

http://www.myguitaronline.com/tunes/0605_Scoops_BlueBossa.mp3

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/05_06_liqih_Blondie_Call_Me.mp3

http://www.laguna-rising.com/Music/0605_LagunaRising_I_guess_thats_why_th
ey_call_it_muzak.mp3

http://www.crowbiscuit.com/kvr/06_05_Oursvince_Aerials.mp3

http://www.autodafe.net/KVR/06_05_Autodafe_Smells_like_a_bean_Innit.mp3
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-25 14:35:35 UTC
On Jun 24, 10:01 pm, Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by Daniel Dreibelbis
In article
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
On Jun 24, 8:07 pm, Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by Daniel Dreibelbis
Post by S***@gmail.com
[...]
I can't seem to connect to yours and a couple of others- the ones I
heard were great, though!

Mike
boardjunkie
2008-06-24 17:38:20 UTC
Post by S***@gmail.com
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Not even close.. I was shopping one day in a local grocery and heard a
Musak (elevator music) version of stairway to heavean, done in
elevator music tempo and style, with a female vocalist.. it was the
worst thing I ever heard. As much as I would like to knock Celine,
this was not even close...
There's an album of Kiss covers called "Hard To Believe" (don't look
for it, its out of print) that has somre pretty awful covers. But
theres a good cover of "Beth" done by a speed metal band called Coffin
Break that I really like. Even Nirvana did one for that album.
dvaoa
2008-06-25 15:13:44 UTC
Post by boardjunkie
There's an album of Kiss covers called "Hard To Believe" (don't look
for it, its out of print) that has somre pretty awful covers.
And yet, there's a Kiss covers album called "Kiss My Ass" that has
some killer covers in there, most of them very different from the
originals. The Mighty Might Bosstones' take on "Detroit Rock City" is
crushing, esp. with Dickie "I Just Gargled With Gravel & Razor Blades"
Barrett's voice.

-d
boardjunkie
2008-06-25 16:46:57 UTC
Post by dvaoa
Post by boardjunkie
There's an album of Kiss covers called "Hard To Believe" (don't look
for it, its out of print) that has somre pretty awful covers.
And yet, there's a Kiss covers album called "Kiss My Ass" that has
some killer covers in there, most of them very different from the
originals.  The Mighty Might Bosstones' take on "Detroit Rock City" is
crushing, esp. with Dickie "I Just Gargled With Gravel & Razor Blades"
Barrett's voice.
http://youtu.be/HizBbvDICzI
-d
Yea, that was the one that Garth Brooks covered one on right? I took a
pass on that one. But on the other hand, Anthrax (the John Bush
variation) did some dead on Kiss covers.....really really great job.
They did "She", "Love Her All I Can", "Parasite", and a few others I
can't remember.
dvaoa
2008-06-25 17:00:14 UTC
Post by boardjunkie
Post by dvaoa
Post by boardjunkie
There's an album of Kiss covers called "Hard To Believe" (don't look
for it, its out of print) that has somre pretty awful covers.
And yet, there's a Kiss covers album called "Kiss My Ass" that has
some killer covers in there, most of them very different from the
originals. The Mighty Might Bosstones' take on "Detroit Rock City" is
crushing, esp. with Dickie "I Just Gargled With Gravel & Razor Blades"
Barrett's voice.
http://youtu.be/HizBbvDICzI
-d
Yea, that was the one that Garth Brooks covered one on right? I took a
pass on that one. But on the other hand, Anthrax (the John Bush
variation) did some dead on Kiss covers.....really really great job.
They did "She", "Love Her All I Can", "Parasite", and a few others I
can't remember.
Garth Brooks was a huge Kiss fan. I think he did "Hard Luck Woman".
Anthrax's take on "She" was probably the closest one to the original,
just heavier. I liked some some of the weirdness from some of the
other bands though, like Dinosaur Jr. and the Lemonheads.

-d
-d
RichL
2008-06-24 13:48:47 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".

Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-24 14:21:19 UTC
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.

Mark
h***@hotmail.com

jthread
2008-06-24 16:22:58 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.
Mark
That'd be this...
http://youtu.be/FjeMDvCdrtc
You're right. I forgot about that one.

That is almost as bad as my Vietnamese neighbors karaoke.
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-24 16:29:43 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.
Mark
That'd be this...
http://youtu.be/FjeMDvCdrtc
You're right. I forgot about that one.
That is almost as bad as my Vietnamese neighbors karaoke.
'W'*iLL*_i_AM (Radio) should be able to assist you with that 'project'
there, -woodworker ;-)mvm
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:06:00 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.
Mark
That'd be this...
http://youtu.be/FjeMDvCdrtc
You're right. I forgot about that one.
That is almost as bad as my Vietnamese neighbors karaoke.- Hide quoted text -
Not to start a major shitstorm, but how did that shake out? Did they
can it or is it worse than ever?

Mike
jthread
2008-06-24 17:14:28 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.
Mark
That'd be this...
http://youtu.be/FjeMDvCdrtc
You're right. I forgot about that one.
That is almost as bad as my Vietnamese neighbors karaoke.- Hide quoted text -
Not to start a major shitstorm, but how did that shake out? Did they
can it or is it worse than ever?
Kind of afraid to bring it up. They have a need be on good terms, which I
don't share. I shun them every time I see them so they are kind of afraid of
me now. I'm trying to keep it that way.
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-24 19:31:28 UTC
;-) mvm

I sent them a new 3000W PA System and ordered backing tracks for:

A.] http://www.everyhit.com/worstever.html
B.] http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=786
C.]

1. MacArthur Park - Richard Harris or Donna Summer
2. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
3. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
4. Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks
5. Popozao - Kevin Federline
6. Muskrat Love - Captain and Tenille
7. You Must Love Me - Madonna
8. Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
9. I Am... I Said - Neil Diamond
10. Ebony and Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
11. Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
12. Feelings - Morris Albert
13. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
14. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
15. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
16. A Horse With No Name - America
17. My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
18. Morning Train (9 to 5) - Sheena Easton
19. You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone (OSCAR WINNING SONG)
20. Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey
21. Shannon - Henry Gross
22. In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) - Zager and Evans
23. It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp - Djay f/ Shug (OSCAR WINNING SONG)
24. I Can't Dance - Genesis
25. The Candy Man - Sammy Davis jr
26. Unfaithful - Rihanna
27. Grillz - Nelly, featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp
28. Having My Baby - Paul Anka
29. Ma Belle Amie - The Tee Set
30. Do That To Me One More Time - Captain and Tenille
31. Brand New Key - Melanie
32. The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
33. Wildfire - Michael Murphy
34. Doggie In The Window - Patti Page
35. Playground In My Mind - Clint Holmes
36. Laffy Taffy - D4L
37. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
38. Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast - Wayne Newton
39. I'm A Girl, Not Yet a Woman - Britney Spears
40. Yes! We Have No Bananas - Billy Jones
41. Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbi Gentry
42. Peaches - The Presidents of the United States
43. She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - Kenny Chesney
44. I'm In Love ith A Stripper - T. Pain with Mike Jones
45. Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
46. These Boots Are Made For Walking - Jessica Simpson
47. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
48. Starry Eyed Surprize - Oakenfold
49. Beautiful Soul - Jessie McCartney
50. Can I Touch You... There? - Michael Bolton
51. Midnight At The Oasis - Maria Muldaur
52. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
53. Oh Babe, What Would You Say? - Hurricane Smith
54. Ring The Alarm - Beyonce
55. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
56. Informer - Snow
57. I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez
58. Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song
59. The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You - Bryan Adams
60 Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish
61. Butterfly - Crazy Town
62. Are You Jimmy Ray? - Jimmy Ray
63. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
64. Hey Ma - Cam'ron feat. Juelz Santana, Feekey Zekey and Toya
65. I Write The Songs - Barry Manilow
66. Picture - Kid Rock featuring Sheryl Crow
67. The Warrior - Scandal
68. Sorry 2004 - Ruben Studdard
69. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
70. Float On - Modest Mouse
71. Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
72. Shut Up - Kelly Osbourne
73. Let Me Tickle Your Fancy - Jermaine Jackson & Devo
74. The Logical Song - Supertramp
75. Pimpin' All Over The World - Ludacris featuring Bobby Valentino
Mike
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-25 00:37:29 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by RichL
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds".
http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Aw, cmon. At least Shatner knew what he was doing. But I've heard worse.
There was a post a couple of months ago that was so bad you just had to
watch. much worse.
Mark
That'd be this...
http://youtu.be/FjeMDvCdrtc
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yeah, that's it;-) Fark it is bad, there is just no way to be nice about
it at all. I AM cringing.

Mark
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:28:40 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Yeah, but that's on purpose.

Mike
Dr. Zontar
2008-06-24 15:30:07 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Yeah, but that's on purpose.
The thing I like about Shatner is that he gets how cheesy he is and
has fun with it (like Adam West). I liked the album Shatner did with
Ben Folds a couple of years ago. Not enough to buy it, but it was
enjoyable.

- Rich
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:21:53 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
William Shatner, "Lucy In The Sky With http://youtu.be/D-yy2URAYqU
Yeah, but that's on purpose.
The thing I like about Shatner is that he gets how cheesy he is and
has fun with it (like Adam West). I liked the album Shatner did with
Ben Folds a couple of years ago. Not enough to buy it, but it was
enjoyable.
- Rich
Shatner is pretty freaking funny- I got my brother one of his albums
for Christmas. It was great.

Mike
mcnews
2008-06-24 13:57:52 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
OMG - how icky
dvaoa
2008-06-24 14:21:23 UTC
On Jun 24, 7:39 am, "ythread" <***@att.net> wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/3pj9gk

-d (have a yak bag ready)
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:32:34 UTC
Post by dvaoa
http://tinyurl.com/3pj9gk
-d (have a yak bag ready)
OMIGOD- can it get any worse? That's a crime against humanity. I
filled three yak bags before I was able to escape.

Mike
dvaoa
2008-06-24 14:36:35 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by dvaoa
http://tinyurl.com/3pj9gk
-d (have a yak bag ready)
OMIGOD- can it get any worse? That's a crime against humanity. I
filled three yak bags before I was able to escape.
Mike
Then I suggest you do NOT listen to the clips from the rest of that
"collection"!

-d (the sad part is, he was probably serious about that album)
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 14:46:17 UTC
Post by dvaoa
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by dvaoa
http://tinyurl.com/3pj9gk
-d (have a yak bag ready)
OMIGOD- can it get any worse? That's a crime against humanity. I
filled three yak bags before I was able to escape.
Mike
Then I suggest you do NOT listen to the clips from the rest of that
"collection"!
-d (the sad part is, he was probably serious about that album)
I don't think I could handle any more of that- awful.

Mike
The_Professor
2008-06-24 16:12:51 UTC
How about Faith Hill trying to be Janis Jolpin?
jtees4
2008-06-24 16:24:33 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
That was not bad...really. I understand people have the need to make
fun of it just because of who it was. As far as the guitar solo....it
hit every note correctly, but it left a bunch out in between :-)

***********
Get your music reviewed/become a reviewer-TOTALLY FREE at:
http://reviewmymusicnow.com/
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:07:36 UTC
Post by jtees4
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
That was not bad...really. I understand people have the need to make
fun of it just because of who it was. As far as the guitar solo....it
hit every note correctly, but it left a bunch out in between :-)
***********
Get your music reviewed/become a reviewer-TOTALLY FREE at:http://reviewmymusicnow.com/
Is nothing scared? Next I'll be hearing Kenny G and Zamfir covering
Sweet Leaf.

Mike
jtees4
2008-06-24 18:21:32 UTC
On Tue, 24 Jun 2008 10:07:36 -0700 (PDT), Flinstoneyerfired
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Post by jtees4
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
That was not bad...really. I understand people have the need to make
fun of it just because of who it was. As far as the guitar solo....it
hit every note correctly, but it left a bunch out in between :-)
***********
Get your music reviewed/become a reviewer-TOTALLY FREE at:http://reviewmymusicnow.com/
Is nothing scared? Next I'll be hearing Kenny G and Zamfir covering
Sweet Leaf.
Mike
Didn't Frank Sinatra do a couple of rock songs...can't remember which
at the moment.

***********
Get your music reviewed/become a reviewer-TOTALLY FREE at:
http://reviewmymusicnow.com/
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-24 19:41:44 UTC
My all-time favorite Sinatra song:

"It Was A Very Good Year"

From the album:

_September_Of_My_Years_

1965, (he turned 50 that year)...

:-) mvm
http://reviewmymusicnow.com/
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:10:29 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Speaking of abject suckitude- I once did a cover of Walk This Way that
you had to hear to believe. I did another fabulously crappy cover of
Tragically Hip's New Orleans Is Sinking- dogs howled in protest.

Mike
jthread
There are some covers I've done that I hate to see on youtube.
dvaoa
2008-06-24 17:49:49 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Holy crap, how can anyone forget Judas Priest's "Johnny B. Goode"?

-d (it is different from the original, I'll give them that much)
Meat Plow
2008-06-24 17:54:47 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Nah this is much worse

RichL
2008-06-24 19:48:15 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Nah this is much worse
http://youtu.be/zHtuGMHWAf0
Damn, she rawks! (NOT)
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-25 00:15:45 UTC
Post by RichL
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
Nah this is much worse
http://youtu.be/zHtuGMHWAf0
Damn, she rawks! (NOT)
Now I have to apologize again for subjecting the world to Shania
Twain. Sorry, everybody. It's not quite as bad since she's pretty easy
on the eyes.

Mike
Meat Plow
2008-06-24 17:56:55 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;

jthread
2008-06-24 18:37:05 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
yeah that's pretty damn bad. the first one was pretty good until she
started singing. I liked the Dobro
Meat Plow
2008-06-24 19:15:38 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
yeah that's pretty damn bad. the first one was pretty good until she
started singing. I liked the Dobro
Speaking of Dobro, this guy Josh Graves was a personal friend of my dad
and I. He played the Dobro in Flatt and Scruggs Foggy Mountain Boys band.

He died shortly after this video. I saw him last in 2003 and he had lost a
leg to diabetes and was in a wheelchair.
jthread
2008-06-24 22:36:40 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
http://youtu.be/fLYbDJcqjao
He died shortly after this video. I saw him last in 2003 and he had lost a
leg to diabetes and was in a wheelchair.
The weirdest thing. I just picked up some Dobro instructional books in
Nashville while I was there and I just got around to reading the intro in
"The Dobro Workshop" by David Hamburger. In it he talks about how "Uncle
Josh" Graves layed "the foundation of modern resophonic Hawaiian guitar
sound in bluegrass".
Meat Plow
2008-06-24 23:18:08 UTC
Post by jthread
Post by Meat Plow
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
yeah that's pretty damn bad. the first one was pretty good until she
started singing. I liked the Dobro
Speaking of Dobro, this guy Josh Graves was a personal friend of my dad
and I. He played the Dobro in Flatt and Scruggs Foggy Mountain Boys band.
http://youtu.be/fLYbDJcqjao
He died shortly after this video. I saw him last in 2003 and he had lost
a leg to diabetes and was in a wheelchair.
The weirdest thing. I just picked up some Dobro instructional books in
Nashville while I was there and I just got around to reading the intro in
"The Dobro Workshop" by David Hamburger. In it he talks about how "Uncle
Josh" Graves layed "the foundation of modern resophonic Hawaiian guitar
sound in bluegrass".
Here's one where Josh does a few licks.

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
COOSN-266-06-25794
ythread
2008-06-25 02:11:12 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by jthread
http://youtu.be/vfB_Saky-6E
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
COOSN-266-06-25794
the real deal. it's weird how I picked up that book right after reading your
post and I never heard of this guy until today. it would of been an honor to
know Uncle Josh.
jimmy
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
COOSN-266-06-25794
the real deal. it's weird how I picked up that book right after reading your
post and I never heard of this guy until today. it would of been an honor to
know Uncle Josh.
Really! How cool were those ol' boys? Tight as hell too.

tony
Meat Plow
2008-06-25 19:17:45 UTC
Post by jimmy
Post by ythread
Post by Meat Plow
Post by jthread
http://youtu.be/vfB_Saky-6E --
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007 #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker, June 2004 Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker,
May 2008 COOSN-266-06-25794
the real deal. it's weird how I picked up that book right after reading
your post and I never heard of this guy until today. it would of been an
honor to know Uncle Josh.
Really! How cool were those ol' boys? Tight as hell too.
I grew up with that kind of music until I strayed away from it when the
Beatles hit the shore. My dad was the son of a coal mining Appalachian
hillbilly family so there was always some pickers over on the weekends.
I can remember sitting in the studio of WWVA when they had their Saturday
night jamboree and had live musicians. Actually met a few like Roy Clark
and Buck Owens back before they became really famous. I still have a place
in my heart for that music.
jimmy
#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007 #1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook,
Line & Sinker, June 2004 Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker,
May 2008 COOSN-266-06-25794
the real deal. it's weird how I picked up that book right after reading
your post and I never heard of this guy until today. it would of been an
honor to know Uncle Josh.
Really! How cool were those ol' boys? Tight as hell too.
I grew up with that kind of music until I strayed away from it when the
Beatles hit the shore. My dad was the son of a coal mining Appalachian
hillbilly family so there was always some pickers over on the weekends.
I can remember sitting in the studio of WWVA when they had their Saturday
night jamboree and had live musicians. Actually met a few like Roy Clark
and Buck Owens back before they became really famous. I still have a place
in my heart for that music.
Me too. I gained more respect for these pickers when my guitar
teacher showed me how to play the chords correctly for bluegrass. Not
only how to play them but how to hold the pick and use your wrist. I
practice it now & then but still haven't got it nailed. Lokoks easy
but it ain't.

tony

RichL
2008-06-24 19:49:35 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
At first I thought she was launching into a strip routine.
She should have stuck with that.
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-25 00:27:08 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
That's hideous!

Mike
dougal
2008-06-25 01:19:04 UTC
Post by Meat Plow
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I dunno this might even be worse that the other one I replied with;
http://youtu.be/kYQCTML5VX8
Hmmm, watch Shania Twain, Shakira, or Celine Dion...what are you, gay?

Then again, you could be a 70 year old record producer who's looking
for the next big thing...IN HIS PANTS!

I dunno about Shakira's old man, but take Shania's, Celine's and throw
in Maria Carey's sugardaddies and you'd have 200 years between them.

dougal
Meat Plow
I want some of what you're smoking!
Les Cargill
2008-06-24 22:02:40 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I disagree. It's not that bad.

Les Cargill
Tony Done
2008-06-24 22:33:50 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
I think you guys are being unkind, so I'm going shoot a sacred cow. If you
close your eyes and dismiss the AC/DC version from your mind, it is IMO a
powerful delivery of what makes a pretty good C&W song.

And I'm not I'm an admirer, but not aficionado of either AC/DC and good C&W.

Tony D
John P.
2008-06-25 01:07:48 UTC
Post by ythread
http://youtu.be/FONt47Z0KZg
All I know is... it would be great if I could just get some more cowbell.