Best cover song ever?
Dr. Zontar
2008-06-24 16:30:14 UTC
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?

The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.

- Rich
Clyde Penquin
2008-06-24 16:37:35 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
The New York Dolls' cover of "Don't you start me talkin'."

Johnny Winter's cover of "Highway 61 Revisited."

Gov't Mule's cover of "John the Revelator."
h***@hotmail.com
2008-06-24 16:47:08 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Tom Waits version of "Big Joe & Phantom 309".
Rolling Stones - Not Fade Away
Taj Mahal - Six Days on the Road
dvaoa
2008-06-24 16:59:22 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
*Any* cover of Joan Baez' "Diamonds and Rust". This one brings it:

-d (the galloping version by Priest works too)
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:14:09 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Type O Negative- Summer Breeze
Judas Priest- Diamonds And Rust
Marilyn Manson- Sweet Dreams

Mike
Dr. Zontar
2008-06-24 17:20:31 UTC
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Type O Negative- Summer Breeze
YES!!! I'll have to dig out my copy of "Bloody Kisses" tonight.
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Judas Priest- Diamonds And Rust
Classic. But I have to admit, I've never heard the original.
Post by Flinstoneyerfired
Marilyn Manson- Sweet Dreams
Eh... It's okay, but it just doesn't grab me.

- Rich
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:15:44 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Trouble- Tales Of Brave Ullysees

Mike
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 17:16:32 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Neil Young- On Broadway
Syd Vicious- My Way
Meat Plow
2008-06-24 17:36:19 UTC
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good covers.
What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I cast my
vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You into My Life".
They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still make the song their
own.
- Rich
Fab Faux 'I Am The Walrus'

#1 Offishul Ruiner of Usenet, March 2007
#1 Usenet Asshole, March 2007
#10 Most hated Usenetizen of all time
Pierre Salinger Memorial Hook, Line & Sinker, May 2008
COOSN-266-06-25794
dugjustdug
2008-06-24 18:09:07 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
I'll jump all over the board genre-wise here...

Smashmouth - "I'm a Believer" (Monkees & Neil Diamond)
Brooks & Dunn - "My Maria" (BW Stevenson)
The Who - "Saturday Night's Alright" (E. John)
Ray Stevens - "Misty" (Errol Garner)
Diana Krall - "Popsicle Toes" (Michael Franks)

Of this bunch, I think The Who, and, Ray Stevens did the best job of
"making it their own".
Don Evans
2008-06-24 22:25:11 UTC
Post by dugjustdug
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
I'll jump all over the board genre-wise here...
Smashmouth - "I'm a Believer" (Monkees & Neil Diamond)
Brooks & Dunn - "My Maria" (BW Stevenson)
Agreed on both of those.
Post by dugjustdug
The Who - "Saturday Night's Alright" (E. John)
Missed that, actually
Post by dugjustdug
Ray Stevens - "Misty" (Errol Garner)
That one is, no doubt, one of the covers that annoy me most. I know it was
a hit, and it practically started a genre of lounge music all by itself, but
it sets my teeth on edge. Another one like that .. even more successful ...
that drives me nuts is "On Broadway", George Benson's cover of the Drifters
hit. Butchered in lounge after lounge, thanks to George.

Don
"making it their own".
MartinGibsonTaylor
2008-06-24 19:45:32 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
My favorites:

Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen)
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (Bob Dylan)
Mr. Tambourine Man - The Bryds (Bob Dylan)
Knockin' On Heavens Door - Guns & Roses (Bob Dylan)
Crossroads - Eric Clapton (Robert Johnson)
Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Jimi Hendrix)
Hurt - Johnny Cash (Trent Reznor/NIN)
You Really Got Me - Van Halen (The Kinks)
Brown Eyed Girl - Everclear (Van Morrison)
Last Kiss - Pearl Jam (Wayne Cochran)
Gravedigger - Willie Nelson (Dave Matthews)

this list could go on and on.
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-24 22:36:00 UTC
Post by MartinGibsonTaylor
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen)
All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (Bob Dylan)
Mr. Tambourine Man - The Bryds (Bob Dylan)
Knockin' On Heavens Door - Guns & Roses (Bob Dylan)
Crossroads - Eric Clapton (Robert Johnson)
Little Wing - Stevie Ray Vaughan (Jimi Hendrix)
Hurt - Johnny Cash (Trent Reznor/NIN)
Oh, God, yeah- that's a good one! Add JC's rendition of Soundgarden's
Rusty Cage.

Mike
MartinGibsonTaylor
2008-06-25 16:54:15 UTC

Don Evans
2008-06-25 18:09:15 UTC
Post by MartinGibsonTaylor
http://youtu.be/SmVAWKfJ4Go
First time I heard that I didn't know it was a cover ... fits JC like a
glove.

Don
ythread
2008-06-27 00:56:45 UTC
Post by Don Evans
Post by MartinGibsonTaylor
http://youtu.be/SmVAWKfJ4Go
First time I heard that I didn't know it was a cover ... fits JC like a
glove.
Don
"I Walk the Line" was a cover too. Come to think of it Emmy Lou's career was
built around covers and you don't get much better than that.
Les Cargill
2008-06-27 02:53:25 UTC
Post by ythread
Post by Don Evans
Post by MartinGibsonTaylor
http://youtu.be/SmVAWKfJ4Go
First time I heard that I didn't know it was a cover ... fits JC like a
glove.
Don
"I Walk the Line" was a cover too.
"I Walk the Line" is a song written by Johnny Cash and recorded in 1956.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Walk_the_Line
Post by ythread
Come to think of it Emmy Lou's career was
built around covers and you don't get much better than that.
Never cared for her except as a backup singer. Great harmonist.

Les Cargill
jthread
2008-06-27 03:08:52 UTC
Post by Les Cargill
Post by ythread
Post by Don Evans
Post by MartinGibsonTaylor
http://youtu.be/SmVAWKfJ4Go
First time I heard that I didn't know it was a cover ... fits JC like a
glove.
Don
"I Walk the Line" was a cover too.
It took me awhile to fully appreciate Emmylou.
iarwain
2008-06-24 20:25:30 UTC
Alien Ant Farm's 'Smooth Criminal' isn't bad.
Les Cargill
2008-06-24 23:21:32 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Steve Earle's cover of "Dead Flowers".

Les Cargill
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-25 00:35:50 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Theres truck loads of great covers, heres a few off the top of my head;

Knopfler and Atkins - Imagine
Sweet Home Chicago - Blues Brothers band
After Midnight - Clapton
Stuck in the Middle with you - Jeff Healey
Cocaine - Clapton
White Room - Jeff Healey
While my guitar Gently weeps - Jeff Healey
I shot the Sheriff - Clapton

OK, this will make it easier, any cover by Clapton or Healey.

Black Betty - Leadbelly
Wild Thing - Hendrix
You shook me - Led Zep
Feel like making love - Kid Rock:-p
Hounddog - Elvis
Respect - Aretha Franklin
Ain't that a shame - John Lennon
American Woman - Kravitz
Baby, please don't go - ACDC

Man, there are tons

Mark
John P.
2008-06-25 01:22:48 UTC
Tina Turner's cover of John Waite's "I ain't Missing You"
dougal
2008-06-25 01:39:43 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
Deep Purple - Hush
Dread Zeppelin - Black Dog
West, Bruce, Laing - Play with Fire
Cheap Trick - Ain't That a Shame
Scissor Sisters - Comfortably Numb (c'mon, you know you like it)

dougal
Grinner
2008-06-25 06:36:12 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
801's 'Tomorrow Never Knows'
The Zoot's 'Elanor Rigby'
- Rich
David Malcolm
2008-06-25 08:12:02 UTC
Man who sold the world- Nirvana (Unplugged or electric it doesn't
matter).
Grinner
2008-06-25 10:08:43 UTC
Man who sold the world- Nirvana (Unplugged or electric it doesn't matter).
he muffed the solo. what i didn't mind was his vocals on 'oh me', 'lake of
fire' and 'plateau' tho. prolly the best verions of their own songs the meat
puppets have.
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-25 23:40:44 UTC
Post by Grinner
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
801's 'Tomorrow Never Knows'
The Zoot's 'Elanor Rigby'
Wot? No, 'Baby please don't go'? No, 'You shook me'? I'm surprised Grinner.

All along the Watchtower is definitely one of my favourites tho.

Mark
Grinner
2008-06-26 07:39:16 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by Grinner
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
801's 'Tomorrow Never Knows'
The Zoot's 'Elanor Rigby'
Wot? No, 'Baby please don't go'? No, 'You shook me'? I'm surprised Grinner.
no 'whole lotta love' or 'killing floor' (the lemon song) though hendrix's
version is good) either. zeppelin didn't have the decency to credit the
original artists for any of their work, so why credit them?. 80% of zeppelin
I and II are covers.
Post by Mark Bedingfield
All along the Watchtower is definitely one of my favourites tho.
yep. i guess i didn't include that, maybe 'cause i've heard it too many
times. I just wanted to throw out a few people may not have heard.

801/Eno "tomorrow never knows" ... a pity manzanera's guitar work gets
buried in the mix a bit, i gues it didn't translate well to an .flv file.

The Zoot

and.. I didn't know this was out there.. compare it to Wolf Mother's mind's
eye.
Russel Morris 'The real Thing'

another russel morris track that got a lot of airplay...

(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-26 08:15:19 UTC
Wot?
A.] http://www.everyhit.com/worstever.html
B.] http://www.blender.com/guide/articles.aspx?id=786
C.]

1. MacArthur Park - Richard Harris or Donna Summer
2. I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
3. Lovin' You - Minnie Riperton
4. Seasons In The Sun - Terry Jacks
5. Popozao - Kevin Federline
6. Muskrat Love - Captain and Tenille
7. You Must Love Me - Madonna
8. Sometimes When We Touch - Dan Hill
9. I Am... I Said - Neil Diamond
10. Ebony and Ivory - Paul McCartney and Stevie Wonder
11. Afternoon Delight - Starland Vocal Band
12. Feelings - Morris Albert
13. Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
14. Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus
15. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
16. A Horse With No Name - America
17. My Humps - Black Eyed Peas
18. Morning Train (9 to 5) - Sheena Easton
19. You Light Up My Life - Debbie Boone (OSCAR WINNING SONG)
20. Boogie Oogie Oogie - A Taste of Honey
21. Shannon - Henry Gross
22. In the Year 2525 (Exordium and Terminus) - Zager and Evans
23. It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp - Djay f/ Shug (OSCAR WINNING SONG)
24. I Can't Dance - Genesis
25. The Candy Man - Sammy Davis jr
26. Unfaithful - Rihanna
27. Grillz - Nelly, featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp
28. Having My Baby - Paul Anka
29. Ma Belle Amie - The Tee Set
30. Do That To Me One More Time - Captain and Tenille
31. Brand New Key - Melanie
32. The Girl Is Mine - Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
33. Wildfire - Michael Murphy
34. Doggie In The Window - Patti Page
35. Playground In My Mind - Clint Holmes
36. Laffy Taffy - D4L
37. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
38. Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast - Wayne Newton
39. I'm A Girl, Not Yet a Woman - Britney Spears
40. Yes! We Have No Bananas - Billy Jones
41. Ode To Billie Joe - Bobbi Gentry
42. Peaches - The Presidents of the United States
43. She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - Kenny Chesney
44. I'm In Love ith A Stripper - T. Pain with Mike Jones
45. Alone Again (Naturally) - Gilbert O'Sullivan
46. These Boots Are Made For Walking - Jessica Simpson
47. Escape (The Pina Colada Song) - Rupert Holmes
48. Starry Eyed Surprize - Oakenfold
49. Beautiful Soul - Jessie McCartney
50. Can I Touch You... There? - Michael Bolton
51. Midnight At The Oasis - Maria Muldaur
52. (Everything I Do) I Do It For You - Bryan Adams
53. Oh Babe, What Would You Say? - Hurricane Smith
54. Ring The Alarm - Beyonce
55. I Am Woman - Helen Reddy
56. Informer - Snow
57. I'm Real - Jennifer Lopez
58. Las Ketchup - The Ketchup Song
59. The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You - Bryan Adams
60 Let Her Cry - Hootie and the Blowfish
61. Butterfly - Crazy Town
62. Are You Jimmy Ray? - Jimmy Ray
63. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
64. Hey Ma - Cam'ron feat. Juelz Santana, Feekey Zekey and Toya
65. I Write The Songs - Barry Manilow
66. Picture - Kid Rock featuring Sheryl Crow
67. The Warrior - Scandal
68. Sorry 2004 - Ruben Studdard
69. Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
70. Float On - Modest Mouse
71. Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh
72. Shut Up - Kelly Osbourne
73. Let Me Tickle Your Fancy - Jermaine Jackson & Devo
74. The Logical Song - Supertramp
75. Pimpin' All Over The World - Ludacris featuring Bobby Valentino
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-26 19:29:24 UTC
On Jun 26, 4:15 am, "(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)"
[...]
Could you imagine wading through THAT setlist- I think I'd be ready to
impale myself on my guitar about a third of the way through!

Mike
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
Mike
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-27 00:23:59 UTC
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
:-) Supertramp's Logical Song...[C #74]hmmm...I aleays liked that
tune...don't agree that it belongs in the dead hog pond here... :-) mvm
What nutcase put that on the list? Supertramp is one of my favourites.
There have been really crappy covers of it, but as a song I like it.

Mark
Grinner
they were a good band. that guys voice reminds me of jon anderson's
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-27 07:21:26 UTC
Post by Grinner
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
:-) Supertramp's Logical Song...[C #74]hmmm...I aleays liked that
tune...don't agree that it belongs in the dead hog pond here... :-) mvm
What nutcase put that on the list? Supertramp is one of my favourites.
There have been really crappy covers of it, but as a song I like it.
Mark
they were a good band. that guys voice reminds me of jon anderson's
I have 3 or 4 albums, love em. This song might appeal to you Grinner;-)

Makes me want to learn the Piany;-) Its called "Another Man's Woman"
from Crisis, what crisis? Love that guitar shuffle.

Mark
Grinner
2008-07-01 13:18:37 UTC
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by Grinner
http://youtu.be/X3XLFln5p7g
Makes me want to learn the Piany;-) Its called "Another Man's Woman" from
Crisis, what crisis? Love that guitar shuffle.
Mark
yeah i think i recall that song. reminds me of a woman i borrowed, then gave
back, with alacrity ;-)
Mark Bedingfield

(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
Mark
ythread
2008-06-27 14:30:07 UTC
Nah. Supertramp + http://tinyurl.com/32j32m = nob goobler
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-27 14:42:28 UTC
*y* post, meet Begrinner! You fellaz have a dietary thang in common!;

---> Nob gobblin, cum garglin 'n ZA!

You two A(u)ssies, have clearly hooked up already-- why, right this
moment you're each taking turns "down under" after a rousing game of
scratch that couch stain 'n sniff- I'll leave you two bossy bottoms to
your diets and whatever other Gaybonix keeps your shrimp in whoever's
Barbie

;-) mvm
http://tinyurl.com/2hj395
ythread
2008-06-27 00:50:16 UTC
:-) Supertramp's Logical Song...[C #74]hmmm...I aleays liked that tune...
you are so gay
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-27 10:15:22 UTC
Oh OK, -bitch ;-). mvm
you are so gay
ythread
2008-06-27 11:05:38 UTC
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
Oh OK, -bitch ;-). mvm
LOL

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305224/

What a GREAT movie!!
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-27 14:12:34 UTC
or www.prairieghosts.com/gacy.html
What a GREAT movie!!
Flinstoneyerfired
2008-06-27 02:41:23 UTC
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
[...]
I always get skewered by friends and family when they see my
Supertramp CDs.

Mike
Grinner
2008-06-27 07:08:06 UTC
"Flinstoneyerfired" <***@onlink.net> wrote in message news:e010d080-7a53-4d73-ae46-***@p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com...
On Jun 26, 3:36 pm, "(¯`·.žLiberty NymShifterž.·Ž¯)"
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
:-) Supertramp's Logical Song...[C #74]hmmm...I aleays liked that
tune...don't agree that it belongs in the dead hog pond here... :-) mvm
On Jun 26, 4:15 am, "(¯`·.žLiberty NymShifterž.·Ž¯)"
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
[...]

had a girlfriend who didn't like some of my cd's. she thought i played close
to the edge, with the organ section to set the scene for a proposal.
eventually i discovered her doug parkinson and christopher cross stash, now
that pay back was fun. about the only thing we had in common musically was
the police and steely dan. she did come to a neil young and a jethro tull
concert with me, though.
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
concert with me, though.
Grinner
2008-06-27 11:56:32 UTC
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
I'm a HUGE early Yes, Steely Dan fan too. :-) mvm
but i eat pizza marc, and as much as you might wish, we could never be
lovers.
(¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
2008-06-27 14:31:24 UTC
Post by Grinner
Post by (¯`·.¸Liberty NymShifter¸.·´¯)
I'm a HUGE early Yes, Steely Dan fan too. :-) mvm
but i eat pizza marc, and as much as you might wish, we could never be
lovers.
In another post, you volunteer your passion for cum gargling, so as go
wishes there, wannabe vicious, your on your own w/ *that* version of
delicious.

No luv or kishus --missus,

Your Idol ;-)
http://tinyurl.com/2hj395
ythread
2008-06-27 00:45:49 UTC
Post by Grinner
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by Grinner
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
801's 'Tomorrow Never Knows'
The Zoot's 'Elanor Rigby'
Wot? No, 'Baby please don't go'? No, 'You shook me'? I'm surprised Grinner.
no 'whole lotta love' or 'killing floor' (the lemon song) though hendrix's
version is good) either. zeppelin didn't have the decency to credit the
original artists for any of their work, so why credit them?. 80% of
zeppelin I and II are covers.
I think this thread is a bit overwhelming but I gotta agree with that. Zep
tore it up.
Mark Bedingfield
2008-06-27 01:00:14 UTC
Post by ythread
Post by Grinner
Post by Mark Bedingfield
Post by Grinner
Post by Dr. Zontar
[...]
I never new that, it's a bit shitty really. I knew they did a few
covers, but not that many. Zep II is still by far their best tho, imo.

Mark
T***@gmail.com
2008-06-25 13:46:26 UTC
It's not the Best ever but 500 Ft of Pipe's cover of Sunshine Superman
rocks.
Geetar Dave
2008-06-25 20:31:24 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
Van Halen's cover of "Pretty Woman" is superb. For that matter, I like
a lot of the stuff David Lee Roth covered with or without VH.

U2's cover of "Helter Skelter" was pretty great too.

Great White was very good at covering Led Zeppelin songs.

King's X' cover of "Manic Depression."

-dave-----:::
www.myspace.com/geetardave
Meat Plow
2008-06-25 20:53:18 UTC
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
Van Halen's cover of "Pretty Woman" is superb. For that matter, I like a
lot of the stuff David Lee Roth covered with or without VH.
U2's cover of "Helter Skelter" was pretty great too.
Great White was very good at covering Led Zeppelin songs.
King's X' cover of "Manic Depression."

White Lion's cover of Radar Love.

I like the live version better but this one kicks ass too.
Grinner

Rufus
2008-06-27 20:50:19 UTC
Post by Grinner
Post by Dr. Zontar
After hearing Twig Girl sing AC/DC, I'd rather concentrate on good
covers. What do you think is the best cover/remake ever recorded?
The BBC article mentioned Hendrix's "All Along the Watchtower" and the
Beatles' version of "Twist and Shout". These are both great, but I
cast my vote for Earth, Wind and Fire's version of "Got to Get You
into My Life". They managed to do justice to The Beatles, and still
make the song their own.
- Rich
America - Yes.
http://youtu.be/lS2FUW7UkR0
...right now, this is my current favorite cover "of all time" -

...I just plain think it's creative as hell.
- Rufus
ythread
2008-06-27 22:07:18 UTC
Post by Rufus
http://youtu.be/KpFwnf6F_GY
...I just plain think it's creative as hell.
--
- Rufus
I found it annoying. :-(