Vote For Live Music
Andrew Schulman
2012-06-06 04:08:39 UTC
I have been playing classical guitar Wednesdays and Fridays since July
2010 at place called Alouette in New York City. They feature jazz
guitar on Tuesdays. Here is the lineup:

http://www.alouettenyc.com/Coming_Events.html

Alouette has been struggling for the past two years trying to stay
afloat. These hard economic times are affecting everyone, especially
small businesses.

They do good business, often every table taken, but high interest
loans, high rent, and annual taxes which have more than tripled in the
last two years have forced them to file for Chapter 11
(reorganization).

You may have read about this: LivingSocial and Chase have teamed up
with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to launch Mission: Small Business,
which will award $250,000 grants to each of up to a dozen small firms
across the country.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/chase-and-livingsocial-launch-mission-small-business-grant-program-2012-05-07

Alouette has applied for one of the grants thru www.missionsmallbusiness.com
- however, in order to even be considered they need to get a minimum
of 250 votes at that site. If you go to that link you write in -
Alouette- and -New York State- and -New York City-. This grant would
help them get out of Ch. 11 and stay in business.

Alouette is a wonderful place on the Upper West Side of New York. We
see locals and also people from all over the world. Many musicians,
theater people, and music and arts lovers live nearby and are
regulars.

My fellow guitarists who play at Alouette agree with me that the
owners, Jon and Mayra Pardo, husband and wife, are great people to
work for. Both born in Cuba and raised in the U.S. (Cubans owning a
French restaurant? very New York!), they grew up with guitar music and
love having live music at Alouette. I'm sure you all know that steady
live music gigs are vanishing, everywhere. I've had some great steady
gigs in NY over the years; Alouette is the one I've enjoyed the most.

We would greatly appreciate it if you would vote for Alouette, a vote
for them is also a vote for live music!

Thank you,

Andrew Schulman
http://www.abacaproductions.com/
Andrew Schulman
2012-06-06 04:15:57 UTC
Try this link, hopefully it works:

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

Andrew
RS
2012-06-06 07:47:06 UTC
On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:15:57 -0700 (PDT), Andrew Schulman
Post by Andrew Schulman
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/
Andrew
Nice sentiment, Andrew, but it seems that you'd need to sign in via
Facebook. Is there a direct link that wouldn't require that?
jimmy
+1
Andrew Schulman
2012-06-06 14:12:42 UTC
Post by Andrew Schulman
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/
Andrew
Nice sentiment, Andrew, but it seems that you'd need to sign in via
Facebook. Is there a direct link that wouldn't require that?
I just checked with Alouette, unfortunately the only way to vote is
Facebook.

Thanks for your interest though.

Andrew
wereoawl
2012-06-06 17:01:16 UTC
Post by Andrew Schulman
https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/
Andrew
Nice sentiment, Andrew, but it seems that you'd need to sign in via
Facebook. Is there a direct link that wouldn't require that?
I just checked with Alouette, unfortunately the only way to vote is
Facebook.

Thanks for your interest though.

Andrew

Andrew no offense, but I don't care if "live music" lives or dies in New
York. Actually, I opt for the latter.
Andrew Schulman
2012-06-06 17:54:40 UTC
Post by wereoawl
Andrew no offense, but I don't care if "live music" lives or dies in New
York. Actually, I opt for the latter.
Sure, why would I take offense at that!?!

Andrew
James Pablos
2012-06-07 00:35:33 UTC
Andrew no offense, but I don't care if I live or die in New
York. Actually, I opt for the latter.
Yes PiGGy...so do we ALL and wishing it was REAL FUCKING SOON u FAT SHIT
Andrew Schulman
2012-06-06 20:19:57 UTC
Someone posted this at another forum, to help make the process easier
-

"Under the *City* tab, you have to choose "New York". There are a lot
of choices, I chose "NYC" and it wasn't listed."

Thanks again to all who have voted or plan to, Alouette has picked up
a good number of votes since last night.

Andrew
iL_weReo